Friday, May 18, 2012

This is the story of a grill...

... and no, the grill didn't cry a river and drown the whole world.  In late March, I decided that the family needed a new grill.  It was starting to get warmer, earlier than normal mind you.  Grilling fever had been cast upon me, and who was I to fight it?  


Now we already had 2 other functioning grills in our household.  For anyone who knows my family and knew my father, you know where a lot of our stuff came from.  There are numerous things in the house and on the property that were perfectly good that someone else was throwing away, or maybe had a minor (easy to fix) problem that the normal person couldn't figure out.  Well, my father gladly took advantage of that.  We have had many a good time grilling with the second hand equipment, but I figured it was about time for us to have one that was not found curbside.  


The arduous adventure of finding a grill with me was taken on by my mother and sister.  As you will probably find out, I am not the easiest person to shop with.  I am indecisive and like to look at EVERYTHING!  Thankfully I had already narrowed down that I was looking for a gas grill, rather than charcoal, so that helped narrow it down.  After a painstaking few hours, and trips to 3 stores, I decided on this bad boy.


Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Commercial Gas Grill.  13,000 BTU of pure grilling fury!  810 square inches of cooking space (measured in number of burgers at the store of purchase = ).  This thing is massive.  So far, it has only been used to make hot dogs and hamburgers and not used to it's full glory.  That day shall come!

No comments:

Post a Comment